diumenge, 15 de maig del 2016

FINAL REFLECTION


MY ENGLISH PROGRESS FROM 4TH ESO TO 2BAT

The first composition I wrote in 4th of ESO was one called MY DREAM, and one of the compositions I wrote this third term is the VICIOUS CIRCLE one.

In the first composition the content was a little bit immature, but good for the age of 15, the structure is simple and short, not very elaborated and the arguments are simple, from linguistic and maturity point of view. Compared to the first composition, the Vicious Circle one is pretty good structured with maturity enough for a 17-year-old girl. There is a good use of the connectors to make the composition look more "professional". 
Obviously my vocabulary has improved since 4th of ESO, as I've learned many new words, expressions, phrasal verbs, etcetera. That's a way to have more "maturity" in compositions, that's why this year's compositions look more mature.

I don't have any video of an oral presentation from 4th of ESO, but I can remember I made one or two with Míriam and Sandra. My accent was not an English accent but it could be understood. I always felt so nervous talking in front of the class and read what was on my paper, because nerves made me forget what I had to say. The structure was good, as I didn't make it on my own but with two other people. The arguments were simple, as the ones in my compositions, and the linguistic of them were good because, as I've said before, we used the dictionary to make our arguments sound better. 
The last oral presentation I've made (this year) is the RESEARCH PAPER ORAL PRESENTATION, which I wasn't able to publish when I had to. In the research paper presentation I remember to be nervous, but I hadn't got to read any paper, because it was a week or two after the real presentation (in Catalan) and I remembered all I had to say word by word; and it was a work I had been doing for so long, so I knew what to say. The arguments were good structured as the presentation, and even feeling nervous I thing it sounded pretty good. Obviously there was maturity in the content, as it was a research paper, and the linguistic arguments were good to.
My fluency has evolved in two years, as now I practice more English talking with my friends and working on summer. The pronunciation has also evolved, as practicing makes you improve.

MY ENGLISH COMPETENCE IN 2016

My best oral production has to be the Research Paper one, as it was the one I knew more, I worked on more and the one I loved to do. I can't link my research paper oral presentation because I really don't know where the video is.
The main reason I think it is my best oral work is because I was happy to talk about something I liked and knew about, because other oral presentations were more simple and not as interesting as this one. I think everybody liked to do this presentation as they knew it was going to be easy to talk for 5 minutes of something you really know about. 

My best writing production has to be the SLAVES? composition. Maybe it's not the longest one, or the one with better vocabulary and expressions; but it was a composition I loved to write. I loved it because I could express what I thought about our nowadays system and relate it to what we were doing. I got really inspired when I read the question Do you want to be forever young? I just started thinking and the words came out of me automatically.
I also used a good vocabulary and think the structure is good for what I was trying to say. The arguments are simple but clear, and linguistically talking they are good structured and with appropriate vocabulary. 


Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada